Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What's In My Swim Bag

I have a bag that I use specifically for my swim stuff, much like many people may have a "gym bag" or the like.  I'm also not one of those people who clean out their bags with any regularity.  While I was swimming on Monday, the plastic nose piece of my goggles snapped.  Ugh.  Coach Jeff tried to fix them, was unsuccessful, but lent me his goggles to use.  So the plan was for me to go home and fish my other goggles out of their hiding spot (they weren't really hidden).  But I quickly forgot that plan.

Let's fast forward to today, Wednesday, where I am supposed to swim after work.  I brought my swim bag, but I still have the broken goggles.  Fart in a box!  My options were to:  A. Go home during lunch/after work and get the goggles (aka pain the booty) or B. Attempt to fix the goggles myself during lunch.

As I am pretty attached to watching Doctor Who during lunch, I chose B.  I retreived the swim bag from my car (sans swimsuits - for the reason detailed at the bottom of the linked post).  I thought "I have not a clue as to what is in this bag - Why don't I find out and blog about it?"  Yes, I am trying to bore you to death.  But nonetheless I bring you:

THE CONTENTS OF MY SWIM BAG






  1. Swim Bag (containing 1 pair of unmentionables)
  2. Power Bar Energy Gel - Vanilla (from my Super Tri)
  3. 2 samples of Nivea body wash
  4. 3 types of razors
  5. Jewelry that I tossed in a side pocket after work
  6. Flip Flops
  7. Random pieces of crumpled paper = old swim workouts
  8. Random sandwich bag = "waterproof" swim workout holder
  9. Hair brush
  10. $5 "Sports" Watch
  11. L'Oreal Facewash
  12. Infusium 23 Shampoo
  13. Infusium 23 Leave in Conditioner (the regular conditioner wasn't on sale!)
  14. Plastic bag with old swim workouts in it + rock to make sure it doesn't float away if it falls in (above watch)
  15. Hair tie
  16. Luggage tag thing from the Y
  17. Current cap (pink)
  18. Goggles (before getting fixed)
  19. Empty water bottle
  20. Empty Powerade bottle
  21. Extra Swim Cap
  22. Fork (yeah IDK about that one...)
I threw away all my old workouts.  There were 14 and most of them were soggy.  And 2 of the razors.  I recycled the bottles.  And then I fixed my goggles!

I like Swedish Goggles.  The kind I have now aren't true Swedish Goggles, but very, very similar.  I think I got my first pair in middle school and I haven't looked back.  And don't step on them.  Ouch! 

And for your viewing pleasure:  My Goggles restored to their former glory...


Ooh, about 10 seconds before the middle piece snapped of my face bc it wasn't on there tight enough

Got it!  Just cut off a piece of goggle strap and whittled it down!

The aftermath :)

Any impromptu "I WILL make this work" workout stories?

Putting my goggles on at work: A. Awesome B. Dork C. Your hair is a hot mess D. All of the above?

3 comments:

  1. you look serious! seriously committed to being a badass! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hook me up with some swim workouts!! Also, do you use any watches or lap counters or music or anything in the pool? If so, what? All the gadgets are so expensive. I've been longing for music while I'm swimming recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really,I appreciate for providing the great info in this website that to using the nice info in this blog. I definitely loved every little bit of it. 
    fitness clothes

    ReplyDelete