Friday, December 28, 2012

My Thursday Eats

Well I did gain over Christmas, but it wasn't as bad as I imagine past years were.  Luckily, I was only at my dad's house for about 26 hours.  Let me just say to that relative that brought 3 desserts (for 13 people - really? and SwimSis brought one too)...the double decker cookie cake with loads of icing was NOT necessary.   I could have resisted the other crap.  Oy.  :)

But it was a good holiday indeed.  I am back in my townhouse by myself for the rest of week...so peaceful!  My family is a loud bunch.  Wednesday we had a "blizzard".  I say "blizzard" because I think we got 7.5 inches of snow.   You could have knocked me over w/a feather when I went to college in this same city and there was some substantial snow and the roads were terrible!  I come from a town that gets Lake Effect Snow and we're used to having an adequate snow removal fleet :)  But a paid day off from work, I'll take it!

I picked up some stuff from Walgreens then night before the "blizzard", as they were the only place open on Christmas.  If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now.  I love, Love, LOVE Walgreens for their fresh foods section.  I bought bottled water, some OJ (for this cold of mine!), 1 lb of mango (sliced & everything!), and an asian salad. 

For breakfast I had my usual sausage/egg/cheese on buscuit breakfast sandwich (Jimmy Dean brand, I think)  Sorry no picture!

Then I munched on my mango spears throughout the morning.  And then it came time for lunch....



That Asian Salad was SO FREAKING GOOD.   The veggies were good and crunch along with the little pack of crunchy things and the dressing was sweet with a zing.  Nom nom nom!  I had a few mango spears too. 



Sometimes I get a sweet craving really badly at work and rather than go to the vending machine for an entire candy bar/box of whatever, one of these Nips really does the trick.  And for 30 calories...can't beat that.



A few hours later I had a Cashew Cookie Larabar (contains only cashews and dates).  Not my favorite, but it did the trick. 


On Wednesday, I had Ramen Noodles - chicken flavor for dinner and it was delicious and in my mind, the chicken flavor was helping my cold, so I grabbed another pack on Thursday night.  I had stopped at the store and found a couple packages of broccoli, zuchinni, and yellow squash (fresh) for $.99 each.  It came with a creamy lemon dill sauce, but I thought I would save that because it sounds better suited for salmon than veggies. 


Of course I got some OJ too.  I was going to have the apples and grapes too, but I was so freaking full.



So that was my day and let me tell you, it was so freaking delicious.  I love days like that when food, especially healthy food, was absolutely delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Way to get back on the wagon! I cannot wait to get home and buy some healthy stuff. If the bad stuff is around, I do not have the willpower to stop!

    ReplyDelete