Monday, December 31, 2012

Adios 2012!

This year flew by!  

I started off the year by giving up pop for the month of January.  It was successful and I really don't drink pop anymore. I only have Sprite occasionally.  And the only time I have Coke is with Jack Daniels, and then again, it isn't that often! (mmmm...jack&coke!)

That sort of kick started on this whole getting healthier thing.

I had lost weight in 2009/2010, gained all but 10 back after the death of my mother, and then 2012 showed up. 

I was tired of sitting on the sidelines.  Passing up opportunities to have fun adventures because couldn't do/didn't feel comfortable doing xyz.

One of my biggest fears can be summed up by Carrie Underwood (btw, my "The Band Perry" Pandora station is ROCKING MY FACE OFF today.  LOVE!)


Cause' I don't wanna' spend my life jaded
Waiting to wake up one day and find
That I've let all these years go by
Wasted

Oh I don't wanna' keep on wishing, missing
The still of the morning, the color of the night
I ain't spending no more time
Wasted


I don't want to waste my life away!  And 2012 turned out to be quite an  experience.

I started swimming again in January. 
I joined the Y in March. 
I ran for the first time in March.
I ran/walked my first 5K in June.
I did my first Pilates class in June.
I ran my first mile non-stop in October.
I graduated (self-promotion!) to Pilates 1 in November.
I started Yoga in November.
I tried Hot Yoga for the first time in December.
I completed my second 5K on Thanksgiving and had a 2 min, 37 sec PR.
I rocked the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge too.

I definitely could NOT have done those things physically or mentally in the beginning of the year.  What I have accomplished this year makes me so proud!

Things definitely aren't perfect.  My confidence is not always at 100 or even 99 :)  Just last Saturday I had to switch out Bosu balls in Pilates class because I could hear the air leaking out of one when I tried doing a plank on it.  And of course the next thing was to stand on the Bosu ball.  I nearly asked if there was a weight limit.  Once again, holding myself back, argh!  I mean, I did put my weight on it later, but not standing.  Oy!

But then again, HEY I'm doing planks!  And Pilates with classmates who TEACH fitness classes.  As my instructor says "Do what you can".  That means "don't give up" "don't compare yourself to others" "do your best". 


So I have done so much this year, I can't wait for next year.  And if you are curious, here is my journey as told by the scale (I apologize for the face I am making):



January 2012 Weight:  280
December 31, 2012 Weight:  246


Some recent pics...




Side view - a little less forgiving!


HAPPY NEW YEAR MY BLOGGER FRIENDS!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a freaking awesome year! (And I love the 35 pounds picture face, personally :) Congrats on so many amazing accomplishments. Here's to 2013!

    ReplyDelete