Thursday, January 17, 2013

2013 Goals

Late to the party much, EmDub?

Here are some goals separated into a few categories:

-Fitness:
1. Lose as much or more weight as I lost in 2012 (34lbs)
2.  Swim twice a week, at least one morning a week.
3.  Strength train once the Y thins out (after new year's resolution-ers don't come as often)
4.  Strength train at home in the meantime (as much as one can with light weights)
5.  Do a race longer than a 5K.
6.  Swim in an open water race.
7.  Run a race/just plain run downtown
8.  Get a bike
9.  Ride said bike
10.  Ride bike w/o fear of falling off/losing control  
11.  Do a triathlon, even if it is just by myself at the Y.
12.  Try some new, more hardcore workouts

Maybe some like these Brazil Butt Lift Master Series- http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/brazil-butt-lift-master-series-advanced-workout.do
Les Mills Pump Deluxe Package- http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/les-mills-pump-cross-training-workout-deluxe-package.do
Insanity The Asylum Volume 2- http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity-the-asylum-volume-2-elite-training-workout.do
P90X Certification- http://www.teambeachbody.com/certification/become-p90x-certified-instructor

I would be in awe if I could do P90X or something like that in the future. I know a few people who have done P90X/other programs and have made some crazy progress.  They are definitely inspirational!  And it's one of those things where:  If they can do it, I can do it.  I also have a few races I want to aim for in 2014.  There is a stair climb race that I want to do...tallest building in town (30-40 some stories I think).  And a half marathon that is very popular, but they have a cut off time of 13 min/mile and Lord knows I'm just not there yet!

Financial:
 Pay off credit cards
Get student loans under XX,XXX
Accumulate X,XXX in savings.
Only eating out once a week unless special occassion or asked by friend
All money from church job goes toward debt
No buying things on whims/bc they are on sale. 
Only buy if you really need them
All  purchases from CVS stay below $10 unless they are a need
Keeping avg groc budget to $50




Emotional/Spiritual
Keep doing things like working out/going on walks/run outdoors. (Things that make me happy)
Do something special every week that makes me happy (take time to watch a sunset, volunteer, get my nails done, read a book, etc)
Find a church to go to, go regularly and get involved.
Have quiet time w/the Lord.
Count your blessings.
Don't be so introverted, keep in contact with family/friends.
Make new friends by trying new activities.








So that's it for now.  I thought about one category more than the others, but hopefully I'm it's not obvious :)  Going to make 2013 great!

2 comments:

  1. Love your goals! I am also and introvert. I am reading a book called Quiet...about the positives of being introverted. Check it out, I am enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are Great goals!!

    I did a weight training class at the gym ...does your Y have group power? Anyways, I used the smallest weights because I didn't know what to take ...WHOA! After doing about a thousand reps with small weights, my arms were sore! So when you are at home, try doing squats with arm lifts to the side and in front or above your head... do a TON of reps, the next day, you will know you've done something!

    Also, thanks for visiting my blog and giving me encouragement! It's fun meeting people with the same vision and goals! :)

    ReplyDelete