Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wednesday Confessions

1.  One of the greatest feelings in life is slicing a knife into a ripe melon.  It is a satisfying feeling. 

Baby Watermelon
Don't worry, I won't turn into Dexter or anything :)  But a good knife has to be one of my favorite kitchen tools.

2.  I wear an undershirt 99% of the time.  It is because I am insecure w/my stomach and want it to be double covered and have no possible chance of peeking out.  However, I have run into problems with them before.  Sometimes throughout the day (and when I am by myself), I will lift my top shirt up, and it stays up because of the tatas.  Then I adjust my tank top to make sure it is covering my stomach adequately. There have been times in the past where I have forgotten to pull shirt #1 back into place.  I can't recall ever being overly embarrassed, but perhaps I should have been.  Perhaps I should take an example picture later.

3.  Ugggh.  My boss is in a meeting in her office.  She has candy on her desk.  All I want is one FREAKING ROLO.  My life would be 100% better if I had one.  Silly Medical Director only comes up when there are emergencies (this is the 3rd time I've she's been in our office all year) and she stays soooo long. 

4.  In all my 27 years, I have not been a worrier.  There are only 4 nights (previously) that I can think of where I have not been able to sleep like I should.  Lately though, my anxiety level has been higher than ever before.  This job situation is not fun.  I have to remind myself while falling asleep not to let the anxiety rule my sleep/sleeping habits.  It is hard!  But then there's also money and stuff.

5.  I'm attempting to be more involved in the community.  Now that I have multiple sources of income (ie my childcare job at the church) then I can do a little more of the stuff I want to.  Sign Language class tonight!  I'm nevous/excited.  I want to get back into volunteering and just going to do stuff.  Oh and I want to join a church.  It may or may not end up being the one I do childcare at.  We will see!  I put off being social for a long time due to money and my size.  Lame excuses!

What are your Wednesday Confessions?

6 comments:

  1. I love your Wednesday confessions idea :)

    I hope your job situation gets better. I'll be saying a prayer for you.

    Sign language sounds uber fun. Lmk how it goes that's one thing I'd love to learn in the future.

    My Wednesday confession is that I'm addicted to collecting coffee/tea mugs. I love the ones with cute little quotes on them and of different colors/designs. I buy most of them at Ross or Marshalls. I just love sipping my hot cuppa teas from of them haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I bet you have some awesome mugs! How many do you think you have? If Ross is like Marshalls, I would love it! This girl loves a deal!

      Delete
  2. Awh...sign language class!!! That would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! I heard some stories of college classes where there was no talking all semester, so I was a little worried. My instructor is so sweet and patient. 9 of us ladies in a class ranging from high schoolers to grandmas :)

      Delete
  3. My boss has Reese's peanut butter cups on her desk all the time. It's not unusual for her to eat 20 in a day and she's a size 6 - wtf?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WTF is right! Does she eat anything else? hahaha I wonder how many cals that is! Would be interesting to find out!

      Delete