Monday, April 2, 2012

Why I Wear 3 Swim Suits

Whew, before shot?  Yikes can I look any less enthused?

I thought I would give an explanation to my madness.  Yes, 3 swim suits.  Why?

Short story:  Because I am cheap.

Long story:  (1) Blue suit underneath.  Acquired 05/2007.  Size: 40.  Shape: Decent
(2) Orange Lifeguard Suit on top (it is orange with blue lining) Acquired: Summer 2004/2005?  Whatever summer our lifeguard suits were orange!  Size: Unknown. Shape: Almost in pieces.
(3) Swim shorts.  Acquired: 05/2010.  Size: 2x.  Shape: Good!

The blue one underneath covers all the basics...pretty much.   If you can tell on the side view, my orange suit is necessary for covering the tatas on the side.  Swim shorts -- 25% to cover my inner thighs, 75% I'm too lazy to shave.  (Don't hate!)

So I could lie and say that 3 suits are for extra drag (resistance), but I am waiting to buy something better.  Swimoutlet.com?  I love that site!  I also want to check out 2 local swim stores (the only 2 I know in this area!)  1 I have been buying from since I was little (they would sell at swim meets) and the other is relatively new (to me).

Sunday I went to the Y and walked 1.03 miles on the treadmill in 24 minutes, including cool down. 0.5 incline.  I then swam 1700 yards.  (Couldn't let the treadmill out do me!).  The swim was rough!  My arms are still sore from that set on Thursday!  I am hoping to find my swimming instruction book (it is by 2 Olympic swimmers -- husband and wife).  The name is not coming to me right now!  They details some sets that I will not have to make up...yay!

Today, SwimSis and I went to the Y, dropped Swim Tot off in Childcare, and hit the treadmill.  I did 1.06 miles in 22 minutes with 1.0 incline, 3.13 miles in 15 minutes on the recumbent bike, and several sets of free weights and different weight machines.  Honestly, I would not have done any weights ever is SwimSis wouldn't have been there!  There were all these macho men lifting weights and she just marches right over and picks some up and goes to town.  Go girl!

I brought up a challenge to her today:  Triathlon.  Not a real one.  But one where the two of us set a day and do a certain amount of biking, running, and swimming for time.  The date  we (read: she) chose is May 24th or 25th.

Of course, we would do it in the YMCA as neither of us have bikes in town and there is not suitable running distances around the YMCA.  One thing is for sure:  swimming will be last!  It is the easiest for us and really, why not keep the dip in the pool till the end?

I know how hard it is to get a swim suit on when one is sweaty, especially over my stomach!  I have been wearing my swim suit and putting a sports bra under it to do the treadmill, etc.  It works, for now.

But guess what happened again today:  SLIGHTLY SOGGY SWIM SHORTS!!!!!
Well, sort of.  I wore my Adidas shorts to walk in and forgot my swim shorts.  We took a dip in the therapy pool, lap pool, and hot tub, so I just wore my shorts, used the spinner to dry them (mostly) out, and then had some slightly soggy shorts.  :)

1 comment:

  1. HiEmDub! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I'm going to look through your archive - welcome to the blog community. There's a ton of support and motivation here.

    All I can say is at least you wear bathing suit(s)! I'm so self conscious with my um, fatness, that I avoid them, yet I love to swim. Maybe following your blog will help get me back in the water!

    ReplyDelete